Saturday, March 17, 2007

Lavender Farm in Provence



God, don't you just adore France ? And the sweet aroma of lavender simply transports me....aaaaaaah~ Put the two together and it is poetry. :)
This pretty little study in purples, mauve, indian yellow and white was done entirely with knife and is 11"x14", with heavily built-up texture. It has that magical sort of ethereal light I am so fond of, and features some play with perspective, always a delight for the eye.

This work gives me such an uplift...the meditation for this one is " something good always awaits at the end of the road if we can just believe it will be there". I tell myself every day to "leap and believe the net will be there". This work is another way of expressing that philosophy.

You may purchase this work securely at www.FineArtBySusiFranco.com.
All work copyright protected, Susi Franco 2008.

No comments: