Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Zen of Italy-heavy impasto, brilliant color


Aaaaaaaahhhhhh, there's that lovely light again ! When I was in Italy not so long ago, I saw so many gorgeous color-filled vistas like this one. I love the last remnants of a bright sun, reluctantly retreating behind stately cypresses, poplars and oaks, all poetically reflected in the water below.
It is a tranquil scene whose meditation is :"A single day is enough to make us a little larger"(-Paul Klee) I feel that is poignantly important because we so often tell ourselves " I'll do that tomorrow, or, later I'll address that". If we can consistently carpe diem, we'd likely find ourselves in the happy circumstance of realizing our dreams.
This 11"x14" oil is very heavily impasto'd and has tons of palette knife texture; it was done entirely with knife. Although the original is SOLD, you can purchase a hand-enhanced giclee at www.FineArtBySusiFRanco.com. Thanks for looking~
copyright protected, Susi Franco, 2008

No comments: