Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Road Home-Ethereal Light and Familiar Feelings

I genuinely love creating these lovely little works with beautiful, mysterious light, almost heavenly light, I think...and lovely little jolts of color. My pal Laureen ( an amazing artist) says they make you want to "be in them". I suppose that's what I'm going for here, little works which transport the viewer for a moment, maybe instill a feeling of peace, of quiet happiness, of thought & consideration.

The meditation for this 11"x14" work is " The beginning is always today" (-Mary Wollstonecraft). The times I get hung up in a problem or situation are almost always related to my not being fully present in the moment, worrying about some far off thing not here yet; this painting is a reminder to be grounded in the now, that each new day is an opportunity to start again.

This has alot of knife work, particularly the trees, and features a soft lavender sky; it welcomes the viewer in, maybe reminds you of your own road home. :) This work may be purchased securely at www.FineArtBySusiFranco.com. Enjoy!
Don't forget to check out my book at
www.Amazon.com, "Angels With Stethoscopes", and thanks for taking time to look.~ :)
all images copyright protected-2001-2007

No comments: